Kingsford Smith Scout Group

Scout logo

Adult Helpers

Some types of Scouting activity, such as staying at an overnight camp, require parents to become an Adult Helper if they wish to participate.

All outside Joey activities require parents to attend with their Joeys. This includes camps, hikes, excursions, etc. For this reason all Joey parents are encouraged to become Adult Helpers soon after their child joins, as there may not be sufficient time before a camp to register.

Cub and Scout parents don't usually attend camps or activities with their children unless they are helping out with activities, cooking or camp preparation. Parents who are asked to help out in these sections will be notified if they need to become an Adult Helper for that activity.

The process is explained more fully on the following page of the Scouts NSW site:

Become an Adult Helper